Sunday, November 12, 2006

Oilers downed in St. Louis 5-3

Craziness. That's all I can say. Curtis Sanford seems to have a knack for stoning the Oilers. From my viewpoint it was an okay game. Aside from a couple of weak goals let in by Markaanen, we almost pulled this one out.

Now, I'm hoping that we can find some way to get our forwards some confidence in shooting the puck. Lately I am seeing a lot of hesitation handling the puck, much like when we got Roloson last year. This led to a torrent of shots on net, much like we are seeing now. I'm not sure what it will take for our boys in blue to handle that hot potato we like to call an ice-cold puck, but they were world-beaters just a few months ago. Not that much has changed since then has it? Please, no Pronger statements (ugh).

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Calgary just whupped Vancouver last Saturday night. I made a bet with Lorraine...loser writes the opposing team's name on their forehead. Sweet.